About the Role
The key responsibility of the Economic Development Coordinator is to direct, coordinate, and administer economic development efforts, including targeting new development efforts, such as new business, retaining and expanding existing businesses, facilitating programs to
enhance economic development and job growth, and serving as liaison between prospect and the City of Brady.
o Knowledge of practices and methods of economic development
o Excellent presentation, verbal, and written skills
o Skilled in grant writing and administration
o English usage, grammar, spelling, and punctuation
o Modern office methods, procedures, and equipment and business letter writing.
o Record keeping principles and procedures.
o Knowledge of QuickBooks or other preferred accounting software, amortization schedules, etc.
o Work independently.
o Get along appropriately with co‐workers and the public.
o Understand the organization and operation of the City/Chamber and of outside agencies
as necessary to assume assigned responsibilities.
o Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
o Work in cooperation with other departments, City officials, and outside agencies
o Research administrative and departmental policies, laws, and rules
o Type at a speed necessary for adequate job performance
o Operation of a word processor/computer terminal may be required.
o Compose correspondence independently.
o Compile and maintain complex and extensive records and files.
o Analyze situations carefully and adopt effective courses of action.
o Understand and carry out oral and written directions.
o Experience or capability to write grants.
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties, or responsibilities that required of the employee for this job.
• Negotiate development agreements.
• Develops funding support and administers grants as authorized.
• Prepares and maintains a list of local businesses to be contacted for possible expansion/
• Prepares reports, including charts and graphs, and presents recommendations for
action plans to economic development board.
• Receives inquiries from business firms, manufacturers and others interested in
establishing or expanding industry in the City; responds to specific requests for
information relating to the suitability of the City for particular business or industry;
solicits new businesses; performs research to find the business and recruit individuals
and agencies to move to Brady.
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationship with the business community
• Makes policy recommendations and develops appropriate policies, programs, and
ordinances to further the goals of economic development.
• Research market intelligence databases to examine, analyze, and compile statistical
• Responsible for the bookkeeping for EDC.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
• Engaging personality, business acumen, and strong communication skills are essential.
• Develops and maintains working relationships with local elected officials from a nonpartisan, business-centered mindset.
• Engaged community member with awareness of the community’s trends and challenges;
Competent first-response business resource.
• Proficiency in core accounting principles, Microsoft Office, QuickBooks Online, and Chamber
• Ability to create and implement engaging social media and marketing content to promote
Chamber events, member news, and general brand of the Chamber.
• Ability to learn new technology systems.
• Grant writing experience or capabilities.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Business experience
• Experience in non-profit management, board service, tourism
• Active certification or ability to obtain certification through TEDC or comparable entity.
Office hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm; some evening meetings, and weekend and evening events, are expected, as well.
Applicant should be an engaged community member who either resides in or is committed to relocating to Brady/McCulloch County.
If you're interested for this position, please direct inquiries or resumes to